9:02 minutes – In August 2015, I had a flashback while sleeping. I heard my son’s, Levi (17), quick heavy footfall outside our bedroom. I screamed out in terror thinking my father was in the house. It was disconcerting to everyone. I didn’t know what it meant. It was the beginning of an awakening. The Lord brings all things to our remembrance – both good and evil.
Optimal minimalism is a performance enhancement method. It includes such techniques and skills as:
- Deconstruction. Only what’s necessary.
- Identifying why you might fail before you start.
- Selection based on Pareto’s 80/20 determination of results.
- Core learning. The Core Knowledge approach prizes content across the disciplines, bucking a trend toward a narrower, skills-based approach to learning. Learn only what’s necessary.
- Sequencing using the opposite order of best practices.
- Self-imposed limitations.
- Focus on removal: Remove things first instead of add things.
- Clarity and Mystery – opposites arouse curiosity.
- Useful mystery – just enough information reduction.
Prolific optimized minimalism: Getting rid of excess.